Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Great Color Debacle.

I am the definition of indecisive. No matter what the issue, whether it be what clothes to wear, what to eat, or which blender to buy, I always second guess myself. I usually stand in a store for 15 minutes before I purchase something, debating on whether or not I should actually buy it. I never decide what movie to see, what restaurant to go to, what color to paint the rooms in our house because I simply can't. It's terribly inconvenient and I'm not sure why my brain works this way, but it never fails. 

When it came time to choose the colors and feel for the wedding, I knew it would only be the beginning of one big indecisive hot mess. In an attempt to combat the inevitable, I was hoping that R would have some input on the colors he'd like to see. Whatever you'd like is fine with me was not the answer I was hoping for. Sadly, R left it up to me to make the call.

My initial choice was a deep rich eggplant with a coppery burnt orange. Since we were planning a November wedding, I figured this would be a fitting color choice.

And then it happened. I couldn't find anything in eggplant that I liked, but ooooooh those shades of pink I kept seeing online were just so classy and pretty and THAT'S IT, I'm changing the colors. Ahh, yes... blush pink and brown. Sounds fantastic.


So elegant, so simple, so... oh, who am I kidding. I don't even own a pink shirt. A pink wedding? No freaking way.

And this was just the beginning. Did you have problems choosing your colors? Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't make a decision.

0 comments: