Thursday, July 29, 2010

It's going to be monumental.

I'm a sucker for free stuff. Samples in the grocery store? Yes, please! Trial size shampoo & conditioner? Don't mind if I do! So it should come as no surprise that the 'Free Offer' section of the Weddingbee classifieds is one of my most frequently visited webpages. The very first time I decided to check out the Weddingbee Classifieds, I started clicking and scrolling away, searching for any kind of free anything in the Northern Virginia area.

After just a few minutes, I saw an offer by a photographer in the area looking to build her portfolio with a free one-hour engagement session. I couldn't open my email fast enough. Without any hesitation I sent a note asking if the offer was still available and Jen, our photographer, replied very, very quickly. We planned to meet up on a Sunday morning in March in DC and, on Jen's recommendation, I sent few bits of inspiration for our session:

A few weeks later we hopped on the metro, rode in to DC, and walked away with some amazing shots. 

Word of Advice: Being cheap is fierce. Read the classifieds!

Next up: Our engagement pictures! 

1 comments:

encorebride said...

Hi, I found your blog through WB!

and this post totally sent me to the classifieds there I'll have you know. Anyway, hello from a local girl, and thanks for the tips!